Wednesday 8 October 2014

Should I SAVE or Should I SPEND??

When I first starting getting into makeup I was so overwhelmed. There are so many brands and so many choices that I did not know what cosmetics I should choose. Long story short, I ended up with a few $20.00 eyeshadows, $30.00 lipsticks, and a few $50.00 blushes. Looking back now I know that it was all unnecessary, and I really could not afford it. I felt as thought if I did not spend this much money on these products then my makeup would not look nice. I wanted to feel glamorous and put together, and I thought that this was the only way to achieve that. Throughout my makeup journey I have realized something very important that I wish I had someone to tell me a long time ago before I spend more money than what I had on makeup and that is, you do not have to spend thousands of dollars on makeup in order for it to look good. The secret is out ;)Yes, some cheaper products are not worth the money, but there are some really great products out there that are very reasonable in price and are an amazing product, and they work really well.
           Today's post is going to be about should you spend a lot of money on certain products or can you get away with using something that is more reasonable in price. This is only my opinion but I hope that you find this helpful the next time you are at a drugstore buying makeup or at a high end makeup counter and someone tries to sell you a $20.00 eyebrow pencil and you know that it is just not in your budget. High end products are great, amazing actually, but there are less expensive products out there that are amazing as well. Not all of us can afford the high end stuff, myself included. 


SAVE

* Eyebrow pencils/Brow powders
* Eyeshadow
*Mascara
*Eyeliner
* Lip liner
*Lipstick
*Blush
*Bronzer
*Highlighter

SPEND

*Face primer
* Eye primer
*Foundation
*Concealer
*Powder
(I spend more money on these things because I consider them to be a great base to apply the rest of your makeup. Again this is only my opinion but this has worked well for me over the years.)



  





No comments:

Post a Comment